Americorps VISTA working at the South Franklin Community Center! I'm excited to get started and interact with this wonderful community. I was previously working with Welcome Baby, another United Way program, which holds their playgroup at the community center every Friday from 11 am-12:30 pm.
I graduated from Brigham Young University-Idaho with a B.S. in Child Development, and a minor in Communication. I interned at United Way and loved it so much that I decided to stay! So here I am at the community center. I've always wanted to help people and I love working with youth, so it seemed like a perfect fit. Though as adults we have much to teach the youth, they in turn have a lot to teach us.
I was born and raised in Ecuador, and moved to Colorado when I was 9 years old. I love Ecuador and living there has given me an appreciation for life and has helped me with my outlook on the world. All my life I've wanted to lift others up and help them get to a better place than were they were before. Every person has something to offer and at the community center, we are able to learn from other people's talents. South Franklin gives opportunities to those in the community to grow and gain knowledge.
10 Facts about ME!
1. I loved playing hide-and-seek as a child.
2. I enjoy photography and went to Photoshop World in Vegas.
3. I once got my foot stuck in the mud in the Amazon Jungle.
4. I have climbed 7 fourteeners (mountains).
5. Watermelon is my favorite fruit.
6. I am the baby of the family.
7. I love finger painting.
8. I played the clarinet for 8 years.
9. I have been to the middle of the world where I've straddled two hemispheres.
10. I swam with sharks...and didn't die.